Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give Thanks Always


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my lovely readers! 

Although I've already told you I've been indulging a little too much in Christmas festivities recently, I simply cannot forget the importance of this very special holiday today. Giving thanks in the "good times" is easy for me to do but I often neglect to give thanks during the times I'm emotionally broken or experiencing turmoil. For example, when I am at work and dealing with exceptionally difficult individuals, it is easy to grumble and complain rather than change my focus to being grateful I made it to work safely, that I have a job, or that I totally enjoy my co-workers. I challenge you on this day to change your focus; give God thanks for the challenging, discouraging, and even heartbreaking moments in your current life or past. Give God thanks for He is good and knows the purpose behind every difficult circumstance or event you're facing. 

Psalm 138:1// "I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods." 

1 Thessalonians 5:18// "No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking! I love connecting with my readers. Thanks.