Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Day


Those of you who know me well, know I'm NOT a fan of the snow. A few days ago while at the mall, my grandmother and I overheard a woman complaining on her cell phone about the winter blast (that has arrived in full force by the way) and she was just carrying on; my grandmother then turned to me laughing and saying, "She's a woman after your own heart, Em." It seems no matter how hard I try to see the beauty of the fluffy white stuff, I can't; and, it's this very thought that's got me thinking today while I'm snowed in and indulging in my favorite books and movies, all while snuggled in under my heated blanket and sipping on hot cocoa with the necessary mini marshmallows... 

"Why can't I…?" 

God promises us that everything is according to His timing. Our job is to simply be patient and prayerfully await what He has in store for us. No need to be a "Nervous Nelly" while waiting for God to do His thing, because it only feeds into the doubt Satan is happy for us participate in. Plus, God knows of our burdens and is tending to them always. He has heard us! 

Needless to say, despite the numerous inches of accumulated snow outside, I'm thanking God for a snow day. A day where I can't go anywhere, nothing's open, and I can indulge in everything I love about being home, including writing this blog post about what I'm learning about my magnificent God. 

Lastly, in the time it has taken me to write this post, I think my question has been answered... "I can't and shouldn't worry; neither should you!" 

Psalm 40: 1// "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry." 

1 comment:

  1. Em! I just love your simple, classy style and I can't wait to see what God does in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking! I love connecting with my readers. Thanks.