Believe it or not, I created these handmade, inspirational coffee mugs today and in less than one hour! These mugs are simple, fun, and unique. Nobody else in the world will have one like your's! Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create your very own and unique coffee mug! Consider these a great gift idea too; fill them with all the necessities needed for a cup of cocoa, tea, or coffee, add a little tag and voila! Also, check out God First Friends, the blog created by my mother and her friend; you'll be provided with daily, Godly devotional content.
Baking Sheet and Kitchen Oven
1. Throughly wash and dry the coffee mug of your choice using soap and water. Ensure the mug is completely dry.
2. Apply a small amount of white vinegar to a cotton pad/round and clean the surface(s) where you are intending to use your impressive penmanship. Let your mug dry thoroughly again.
3. Using a Sharpie marker, (Note: Colors other than black do change when they are heated in the hot oven!) create the design of your choice on the surface you just cleaned and let dry, ensuring you do not touch the ink!
4. Place your coffee mug(s) on a baking sheet. Do not preheat your oven! Place your mug in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. By not preheating your oven, you can ensure your mug will still be in one piece after 30 minutes :)
5. After 30 minutes of baking, open your oven door slightly but do not remove your mug(s). Let them cool completely!
6. Do not wash or use your mug(s) for 24 hours after baking to ensure the ink remains permanent! By tomorrow however, your mug is usable.